We do cell phone repair right the first time.
For store hours and locations please visit our Contact Us page.
Whether you have a wet cell phone or are simply looking for a phone-unlocking expert, we can help. MD Wireless is a family owned business founded in 2006. We unlock, repair, buy and sell a variety of wireless devices including smart phones, tablet PCs and accessories.
25 years worth of cell phone repair experience!
The MD Wireless Phone Doctors can help you get your phone working again. Fast! If you need cell phone repair, require an unlock to switch carriers or just want to customize the look of your smart phone, we’ve got you covered. Our large selection of refurbished phones are the perfect alternative to signing a two year contract in order to get the cell phone that you want.
We are constantly updating our cell phone repair and unlocking techniques so that you will always have access to the latest technology available. We also keep our Facebook friends and Twitter followers up to date with the latest mobile phone news so be sure to add and/or follow us.
MD Wireless specializes in:
- IPhone repair
- GSM cell phone repair and unlocking
- Samsung Galaxy series lens and AMOLED replacement
- IPad screen repair
- LCD replacement
- Microphone speaker power and switch ringer headset connector
- Charger port replacement
- Liquid damage data recovery
- Phone book contact list transfer
- Video game console repair
What We Do
Want to see what goes on behind the counter? Here’s a video we shot recently showing the replacement of an iPad Air charging port. We’ve sped it up in a few places so you won’t have to spend too much time watching. Don’t try this at home folks.
iPad Air Charging Port Repair
Cell phone recycling program
Even if you decide against cell phone repair don’t throw your device away. MD Wireless provides a free place to drop off those out of date phones and those that are simply damaged beyond repair. Cell phones contain heavy metals and toxins that can leak into our ground water supply if tossed in a landfill. Let us dispose of your device properly and keep the environment green.
If you can’ see the display on your cell phone it can be difficult to retrieve your information. We understand that you can’ put a price on photos and contacts. If you are more concerned with data recovery than getting your cell phone repaired, give us a call. There is a good chance that we can get your data back from your device. We can often recover data which has been deleted from memory cards as well.
Inside of your cell phone there are metal shields that protect delicate circuitry. Because of this shielding it is impossible to get your phone completely dry without disassembling it. While we recommend taking your device to the Cell Phone Doctor as soon as possible, there are a few things that you can do in the mean time.
- Resist the urge to power the phone up. Electricity running through a wet circuit board may cause severe and irreversible damage! Remove your battery, SIM card and micro SD memory card when applicable. Pat the phone dry in every area that you have access to.
- Do not expose your phone to excessive heat. This will actually increase the rate of corrosion caused by liquid trapped inside the phone. That means don’ use a heated blow dryer and don’ put your phone in the sun, oven, or microwave!
- Submerge your phone in a desiccant. You know those little packets that come inside of shoes boxes and beef jerky? They are filled with silica gel which is like a magnet for moisture. This can help to draw out some of the liquid. You would need quite a few though so if that’s not practical white rice is a reasonable substitute. However be aware that rice tends to get inside of phones easily so you should wrap it first in a light material like cheesecloth or nylon to prevent grains from getting stuck inside.
- Get your phone to us as soon as you can. The longer you wait, the lower the chances will be of restoring your phone to 100% working condition. When it comes to cell phone repair for wet phones the clock is always ticking.
MD Wireless, your Bay Area cell phone repair center since 2006.